Hello all you good people! *me awkwardly tryna figure out how to do a different greeting each post* Anyways, hope everyone is having an AMAZING day!
So far on this blog, as you guys know, I keep things mostly to writing, books, tags, etc. Stuff like that. But I wanted to do a more personal post today, where I share with you guys a little bit about my faith.
Before I begin, I just want to say that I never want to offend anyone with my beliefs! I would like this blog to be a safe place where our discussions are always friendly and disagreements don’t give way to anger. I know you guys are always very respectful about everyone’s different beliefs, so I’m not worried, I just want to say that nothing I write is meant to offend anyone.
So anyways, in today’s post I will be telling you guys all about my Adventist faith! I hope you enjoy and find it interesting.
Questions about Seventh-Day Adventism
What is Seventh-Day Adventism?
Seventh-Day Adventism is a Protestant Christian denomination. As an Adventist, I believe:
- the Bible is the ultimate authority, and I will find the truth from no other source (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, and no one comes to the Father except through Him (John 14:6)
- Jesus is my personal Friend (John 15:15)
- God is a God of incredible mercy and justice, and he loves sinners forever, desiring for all to be saved (2 Peter 3:9)
- Jesus died equally for everyone in the world, not just for a few (John 3:16)
- Jesus Christ died for us while we were still sinners (Romans 5:8)
- I must not conform to the world, but must make it my life mission to be set apart from the world (Romans 12:2).
I also believe:
- The 4th Commandment tells us to sanctify the seventh day and keep it holy. This is where Seventh-Day Adventists get our name. We set apart the seventh day, or Saturday, as the Sabbath, and that day we keep holy. (Exodus 20:8-11, Isaiah 58:13-14, Mark 2:27-28)
Why am I a Seventh-Day Adventist?
I am a fourth-generation Seventh-Day Adventist. When I was ten years old, I was baptized at my home church.
However, I am not Adventist because my family is. I actually just today made the decision for myself to identify as a Seventh-Day Adventist Christian. So that’s something I’ve chose. I have just decided to identify not only as a Christian, but also as an Adventist Christian. I’ve studied the beliefs listed above for myself, and I’ve decided they are right for me and I want to observe the seventh-day Sabbath.
There is a book I finished just this week that made such a powerful impact on me and led me to that decision. It is A Trip Into the Supernatural by Roger J. Morneau. If you’d like to learn more about Adventism, that is the #1 book I’d recommend. It’s incredibly powerful and moving, and really pushed me to choose my faith for myself.
A Trip Into the Supernatural is Morneau’s true story of how he was led into Satanism and cursed God multiple times, participating in active demon-worship. Miraculously, God brought about his deliverance by an Adventist coworker who studied the Bible with him and showed him the mercy he desperately needed. It’s an exciting read that I recommend for all Christians!
I hope you all enjoyed this post!
I really hope it was interesting for you to learn a little more about me and my personal faith! Feel free to tell me any thoughts in the comments, or just give me an update on how you’re doing. Writing going okay? Life in general? I love hearing from y’all!
You know the drill – eat, pray, write, repeat!